Wednesday, April 29, 2020

I once knew an Indian saint, half of whose body, in his earlier years, had been covered with sores. His diabetic illness had been so acute that he had found it difficult to sit still at one time for more than fifteen minutes. But his spiritual aspiration had been undesirable. "Lord" he prayed, "wilt Thou come into my broken temple?" With ceaseless command of the will, the saint had gradually become able to sit in the lotus posture daily for eighteen hours, engrossed in the ecstatic trance. "And," he told me, "at the end of three years I found the Infinite Light blazing within me. Rejoicing in Its splendor, I forgot the body. Later I saw that it had become whole through the Divine Mercy."

(An extract from Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda)

No comments:

Post a Comment